Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Packing Chronicles

Zach spent most of the day today at his Papaw's, putting together his new computer. I on the other hand, was lucky enough to be responsible for packing our life into the car, and doing 5+ loads of laundry. After moving so much, you think I would be more organized... Here's a picture of the madness.


Fortunately for me, Zach's mom was there to keep me sane. She also recommended that I use space bags. I was a little apprehensive at first, I thought they were just a silly QVC item, that didn't work... boy was I wrong. This is my face after I finished stuffing all our clothes into 16 space bags (please note: that I fit the large plastic container behind me, a large garbage bag, a large cardboard box, and half of that red suitcase).


HAPPINESS.
May I add, that we also fit our IKEA duvet, sheets and 2 pillows into ONE of those large bags. I swear, they should use me as one of their promoters, I am sincerely in love with those bags.
Moving on, eventually Zach came home after getting space bags, buying snacks for the trip and attempting to fill a non-existent hole in our tire (Valvoline failed). Things really became fun then, as we had to finally attempt to put things into the car. Fortunately, Zach's parents kindly bought us a HUGE vinyl carrier top since Zach's little cobalt could only hold so much. The men got to work, while the women watched. I have no idea how we are going to unload and reload this bag once we are in New Orleans, I hope Zach doesn't expect me to be able to help.


We had a lovely dinner with Zach's parents. Monty grilled some scrumptious burgers that we picked up over the weekend. Pretty much everything is the car, minus our carry-ons. We hope to wake up early and hit the road, but Zach has a cold so we have to make sure he's feeling good enough to drive 9+ hours. We'll post more once we get to New Orleans!


No comments:

Post a Comment