Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bed and Breakfast … not the Bates Motel

I believe back home in Friendsville, TN it is widely believed that staying at a bed and breakfast is an open invitation for your host to quietly sneak in and peacefully dispatch you in the night and I am happy to say that we did it twice and well… we’re still blogging. Although we were surprised to see our room was separated by a sheet wall at our first B&B it was a nice cozy home to stay in with service you cannot find at a hotel.

Look Mom, Dad...Trees!

Dow is someone you will hear about frequently in our blog. Dow was our second airbnb host located here in Houston. Here is a link to his airbnb page https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/689301. If you are ever in Houston or any surrounding area do not look at a hotel, motel, tent, house, or anything without checking with Dow first. As most of you know we have never been to or know anyone in Houston… until Dow.

Again I love it back home, but the perception of a big city consists of cold, rude, and of course criminal people.  Dow rattled the cages of every misconception I had of big city people. He opened his home, parking spot, car, and most importantly his time to us. Things that I would expect my family to do for me if I came over to their house for a few days Dow did it without hesitation or adding it to the bill.

Dow's "Now Famous" Breakfast Tacos

Babe will be the first to say one of the most important things to me is service and the integrity of your word.  I consider Dow a close friend that will be there for us in the future and we will be there for him. So again if you are in Houston or just passing through contact Dow and tell him Zach and Babe sent you. I promise you will not regret the decision and will make you question ever staying or paying for a hotel again. In the words of Dow "mi casa es su casa".

No food left behind!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Great idea :)

    Can't wait to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete